Enjoy five days of an interactive learning experience!
2021 NARUC Eastern Rate School: Live and Online
Sunday, October 17 (4pm) - Friday, October 22, 2021 (11:30am US/Eastern)
This is your opportunity to reserve a seat
in the 2021 NARUC Eastern Rate School.
Pre-registered students will be contacted to confirm their preferred format closer to the date.
The live school
will be held at the Marriott Sand Key in Clearwater, Florida from Sunday, October 17 – Friday, October 22.
The virtual school
will be held Monday, October 18 – Friday, October 22.
Orientation, special sessions and team meetings will be held virtually on dates to be determined.
At the end of this course, the learner will be able to:
1. Understand the basics of utility rate setting.
2. Understand of Financial Statements for regulated utility companies.
3. Have the knowledge, skills, and tools that guide regulated utility rate making including choosing test year for revenue requirement.
4. Gain understanding of how rate base is developed.
5. Understand how a mock rate case is developed and the use of sample adjustments.
6. Demonstrate how to calculate rate base, revenue requirement, and rate design for regulated utility.
These fees are available through
Commissioners/Staff/Consumer Advocates - Live or Online Rate
Federal Member (Full)
State Member (Associate)
Federal Member (Associate)
State Member (Full)
All Others - Live or Online Rate
Cancellation and Other Policies:
Written requests received by 5:00 pm on October 8, 2021 will be honored less 50% processing fee. No refunds after October 8, 2021 without documentation of a medical emergency. Cancellations by telephone are not accepted. If you register in advance and do not attend or cancel, you are still responsible for the full registration fee. To cancel a registration contact Judith Ford (email@example.com
Substitutions must be received in writing via email by October 8, 2021. A ‘NEW’ person must have a profile in the system, click this link to create a profile https://www.naruc.org/mynaruc/
. Once a profile has been created, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
with the substitution request. After October 8, 2021 substitutions may be processed by contacting email@example.com
Copyright Policy: The linked video and audio recordings from NARUC’s 2021 Eastern Rate School are copyrighted. These links are provided to permit only paid registrants to the 2021 Eastern Rate School access to the copyrighted videos and audio recordings. Further duplication, reproduction, distribution, or exhibition of these copyrighted materials without NARUC’s prior written authorization is expressly prohibited. Violators may be subject to civil and/or criminal penalties.*
* WARNING: Federal Law provides severe civil and Criminal penalties for the unauthorized reproduction, distribution, or exhibition of copyrighted video or audio recordings. (Title 17, United States Code, Sections 501 and 506). The Federal Bureau of Investigation investigates allegations of criminal copyright infringement (Title 17, United States Code, Section 506).
Continuing Education Information:
The 2021 NARUC WRS will be pending approval for up to 27 CPE credit hours. This course is not approved for CLE. Participants may apply on their own to the qualifying CLE board.
General Hotel Information:
To be announced in August.