2023 NARUC Staff Subcommittee Accounting and Finance Spring In-person Conference
After completion of this conference, you will be able to:
• Identify the current accounting initiatives, standards, and projects at FASB relevant to utilities.
• Identify the characteristics of programs funded by the Rural Utilities Service.
• Identify the emerging issues at the FERC, State Commissions, and legislative actions.
• Identify challenges from a changing environment in which utilities operate.
• List current regulatory issues of electric, natural gas, and water utilities.
• Identify emerging issues on renewable electric generation
• Identify ever changing requirements related to ESG
• Identify applicable tax issues for the utility industries